Friday, June 5, 2009

New Look 6613

Some recent sewing:

Jason's cousin hired me to make some dresses for her daughters. The girls picked out their own fabric, and I got poetic license to create whatever I wanted out of the pattern they bought.
For the heart dress, I made a new strap option--some fluttery butterfly ruffles. I took this picture before the fitting, and then found I needed to take in the bodice. It ended up looking even cuter, all said and done.
I embellished the green floral with yards of ruffled ribbon. I'd never tried that before, but it's what the pattern suggested. I was happy with how it turned out, and the new owner was thrilled, I think.

4 comments:

Deb said...

I like the green one a lot! I'm inspired to sew some stuff for my own little girl. I just need this school year to be OVER.

Janice said...

Aaaww. . . I'm sure they will look super cute in them :)

Unknown said...

Joyce joyce joyce. You are so very creative!!! Cute dresses.

sherri said...

I really like the green ruffled trim...it really makes the dress. Very cute! Great job, Joyce!!