Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pig Cookies!

On Monday, we made pig cookies! They were a lot of fun, and pretty easy too---that is, easy to assemble, but hard to keep little fingers from gobbling up crumbs. Owen helped mix the cookie dough, even holding the mixer all by himself! Helen helped with the frosting by watching from the chair. Those are my rules--one kid at a time, and only standing on a chair. As soon as I had finished the first three pigs, we had to take a cookie break. Yum!
Devoured.
We decorated them in two batches, and I let Owen help with the second batch. (Helen was napping.) I admit, I'm a little bit of a control freak, but I finally caved and let him put stuff on the cookies. He had his own interpretation of a pig's face.
Aren't they cute? They're pretty good, too! The kids absolutely love them, and beg for them at all hours. Before bed, Owen told me his tummy was just a little bit hungry, and he needed a bedtime snack (which we never have.) He must have been imagining a pig-cookie-sized hole in his belly.

And speaking of pig pens....I thought Jack was pretty dirty in this picture until....
a few evenings later while I was digging potatoes. He dug for dirt.

Mmmm. Tasty.

2 comments:

sherri said...

Love those little piggies...and the cookies are cute too! =)

Grandma Ruby said...

I can almost hear the squeal! We'll need some for VBS again.