Thursday, April 24, 2008

Gross

Last night I scrubbed kitty poo that got tracked all over my newly mopped kitchen and dining room floors. I threw up just a little bit in my mouth. Then I swept and washed the back porch where the kittens had begun to poo. The smell was unreal.

Tonight I cleaned up a broken glass knocked from the counter by an overly zealous boy reaching for another Krispy Kreme.

Then I remembered the time I had to clean up---drum roll---poopy diaper, animal diarrhea, rabbit blood and half-eaten rabbit from my living room carpet. That one left me shaking.

What's the grossest mess you've had to clean?

8 comments:

joy said...

Rabbit blood from the carpet? How are we supposed to top that?! Um, dog vomit is probably my worst cleaning experience.

Anonymous said...

HHhhmm. . .well, poo that involves a diagnosis of GI bleed is pretty disgusting(like hold your breath and try desperately not to gag gross). . .OH, and there was the bowel obstructed pt who coded and , of course, needed chest compressions and that is all I'll say about that :). Sorry that you asked ?? Jan

Jake said...

2-day-old sow afterbirth.

Lynette said...

I'd probably have to go with dog vomit as well -- especially that which come after an accidental ingestion of carrots. We had a repeated bout of vomitting a few months ago when the dog got into something particularly fatty. Makes Jake gag for sure!

OR, maybe cleaning the rabbit poop from inside my mattress boxspring or under the couch after it lived unhindered in my house for a month or so. (Okay, so the idea was more gross that the actual clean-up, which basically involved a vacuum cleaner and some really fulfilling dirt sounds. . .)

OR, from my teenage years -- maybe the men's shop bathroom at Escofab?

heather said...

WOw I got nothin' on ya'll. I guess the worst I've had to clean up was my childrens poop and throw up. Which at the time seemed pretty sick!

I did have urine splash in my eye a couple of weeks ago. Although I didn't clean it out.....Just grossed out.

Wynette said...

I LOVE this topic!

Cottonista said...

To everyone--you amaze me. You are thoroughly able to swallow your gag reflexes, breathe through your mouths and do what needs to be done. I'm so proud.

I think we all have to agree that Janice takes first place, with Jake coming in a close second.

And that's all the more I want to think about that. I will humbly go back to scrubbing fresh kitty poo.

Lisa m. said...

Once I had to clean a lady's prosthesis after she had not taken it off for around 3 months. . . yes . . . months. The lock had fozen from her urine and she was too embarrassed to tell anyone. By the time she ended up at the hospital her entire prosthesis was soaked in urine. . . . including her foam cosmetic cover. There was also things growing in it. . .