Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Leaky Journey

How does one begin to write intelligently about potty training?


This is how I was hoping our story would read:


Once upon a time there was a boy in diapers. One morning, he became a big boy and started using the toilet. The End.


We’re gradually figuring this potty thing out. We’re farther ahead then we were last week. In the meantime, we have washed a lot of underwear and cleaned up a few spills, the most notable a half-full cupholder in Jason’s truck. It was a miniature wishing well, with stray coins in the bottom of a pool of liquid. Last night, I was about to walk out the door to my Bible Study, when a splashing drip from Owen’s chair at the table caught my eye. “Going potty!” he proclaimed. A large puddle formed quickly as Jason and I could only stand, blankly staring. Jason finally threw a kitchen towel down and went to start bathwater. I leaned in and left a huge lipstick smack in the middle of Owen’s forehead, then bolted. Bye-bye!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love when Bible study comes so conveniently :). Jan

Anonymous said...

Nice. I wish I could have seen Jason's face when he discovered the cup holder. I can't help but laugh every time I think about it. How gross. :)

Unknown said...

Good for you Joyce....perfect timing to make an exit. It just makes our husbands appreciate us all the more when they have a night on duty by themselves....doesn't it?

Cute post. And I'm totally irrated your are walking around barefoot with shorts on down there!!! But good for you with carring around that sweet little bebe...you should be barefoot.

Should we come for spring break the 2nd week of April?

sherri said...

Oh the joys of potty training! It will get better.