Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Can't Believe It

We took a new step in parenting the other day when four-year-old Helen showed me this:I could even see the adult tooth barging its way into her mouth, the pushy thing!She toyed with her tooth for over a week, and finally when it was hanging off her gumline, I convinced her to pull it. Her timid, feathery attempts were cute and short-lived, and then she turned the job over to me. So proud!I often tell my kids to stop growing. They know I'm joking with them. It's both sad and wonderful that they're getting older, bigger and more complex.

For the record, Owen has had two wiggly bottom front teeth for the past several months, and it surprised my socks off to have Helen lose one first!

6 comments:

Jen Bontrager said...

Jesse lost teeth early too. He's 5 1/2 and has lost 6 teeth. His new teeth look so big in his little mouth. We tell our kids not to grow anymore too. It will be a sad day for me when Jesse doesn't fit perfectly curled up on my lap in the morning.

Anonymous said...

WOW! How cute she is & how old she is getting :) Melissa

cottonista said...

Jen--6 baby teeth gone before he turns 6?! Wow. That is kind of sad, but I bet his mouth is adorable!

Melissa--thanks!!

Cottonista said...

That was me!

Unknown said...

WOW! What a cutie. I remember thinking the train better slow down when that very first tooth came out of Isabella.:)

Grandma Ruby said...

Helen, remember that Grandpa wondered if you put your tongue in the little gap in your mouth. Still can hardly believe Helen lost a tooth already!