I started Helen's Easter dress several weeks before Easter. I finished it several days before Easter. And now I'm posting about it nearly a month later.
I used fabric from my stash. The bias tape around the neck and sleeve holes was vintage; the zipper was also truly vintage, all thanks to my sister-in-law Leslie's late grandmother. The zipper even happened to have been used already, but carefully removed and saved by the same grandma. I chose to be slightly amused, but simultaneously grateful that I didn't have to speed to a fabric store to buy one.It needed something else, so I messed around with the leftover bias tape from the hem. I didn't have quite enough to make a rosette, so I ended up adding a few buttons and beads from my stash to make a pin.
We got a few snapshots of the family before the kids dropped food on their clothes from lunch and fell apart from needing naps.That afternoon we got together with family for an egg hunt and Easter dinner. I made Easter Egg Bread, which was more of a novelty recipe than a dying-to-eat-that-one-again recipe. At least it looked pretty! The leftovers made an excellent bread pudding.The bunny ended up as part of an egg, ham and potato casserole.