Saturday, September 27, 2008

Need New Furniture?

I am one happy person.

Goodbye, navy/hunter green/burgundy plaid!! May you have a more loved life with your new owner.

Hello, beautiful vintage green leather, in reasonable shape with no holes or tears!! You are soft and supple, now that I have cleaned and polished you with saddle soap. You ably cradle your dwellers, creating for them a comfortable, soothing cocoon.

When I am seated, I command the universe from my living room. Behold the power of a well-crafted chair!
One more look, up close and personal, for old times' sake.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaahhh. . . .well, I will try not to be too jealous that your plaid is gone and mine still resides :). Maybe on day... .. . Jan

shaunjoy said...

Yay! We're in the process of searching for new furniture too... I'm getting sick of slipcovers that do more slipping than covering.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the new furniture! I'm am a little jealous. Some day we shall have leather furniture too. :)

Grandma Ruby said...

Am I imagining things, or does Helen look sad about telling the old furniture good-bye?

sherri said...

Joyce,
You have been patiently waiting for this day for a long time. :)

It's funny timing because we just called Jason the other night to tell him that we saw this exact plaid patterned couch in the new movie "fireproof" that we watched on Friday...and he filled us in on the new couch. It made us chuckle. :)

How was the slumber party?