Thursday, October 20, 2011

Giftings

I love to make and give gifts!  I make what gifts I can, but sometimes I actually have the cash to buy something, and sometimes time does not permit me to get crafty. And sometimes the receiver may not appreciate a hand-made gift (enter big boys).  And truthfully, sometimes I'm afraid my hand-made gift will be sniffed at in a not-so-nice manner.  So a gift made by me versus a fancy store-bought something does not denote any type of favoritism either way, but the crafted things tend to be given to those whom I think might appreciate them.  That's my disclaimer and I'm sticking to it.

Here's to catching up on some children's gifts I've made in the past months. Most of them were given on time, not that I would know anything about belated gifts and/or cards.

A onesie for Connor:

A onesie for Layla Grace:

A pillowcase top for Braleigh (and one nearly identical, not pictured, for Ericka):


A pillowcase top for Kathlyn:


Wouldn't that be cute with jeans and cowboy boots? 

If only I could wear pillowcase tops and onesies, my closet would be set.  My ever-expanding, now 28-1/2-week-pregnant belly is becoming quite the wardrobe challenge.

6 comments:

Jen Bontrager said...

Anyone who would dare to sniff at those gifts deserves a swift kick in the pants! :) Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Those are SO cute! You are such a wonderful friend and do beautiful work. I totally agree with Jen... :) Love ya, Melissa

Stephanie said...

Joyce, those little outfits are so cute! I love the pillowcase dresses. Can you point me in the direction of a pattern? (I'm not very smart with sewing. :) )

Grandma Ruby said...

Looks as though you've been quite busy and very creative. Maybe you could make some version of a pillowcase top for yourself--not really a bad idea, Joyce! I'm glad you share your gift ideas via photo. Proud of you and the things you make.

Rustin and Lynette Polinder said...

i love all your little creations. Do you have a store on etsy yet?

Anonymous said...

I'm finally catching up on your blog. I love the pillowcase dress you made for Braleigh! Definitely appreciated! :) Carita

You are amazing! You do such an awesome job on so many different things...cakes, dresses, decor.

Happy Birthday! Nothing like sneaking it in at the last minute. Hope it was a good one!