Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Do you ever wake up early when the birds begin to chirp, and just wish you could roll back time for some more sleep? I am never ready to get up, and sometimes wish I could tuck the sun back in bed, below the horizon. I felt like that the other morning. But then I looked out the window.
The morning sun was so beautiful. I don't remember if it coaxed me out of my morning fog, but it sure improved my attitude.

Here's another thing that improves my attitude:
Jason's friend and Atmore's only coffee roaster, Mr. Joel, found a new espresso (not "expresso" Why does that bug me so much when it gets mispronounced?) machine at Goodwill. It took up space at his house for a while, and he never used it, so he gave it to us. We bought some of his espresso blend, and mornings never tasted so good.

Fortunately for our family, the kids like mornings. A house full of grumpy people in the morning would be less than ideal. Owen's first words are usually, "It's morning time!!! My tummy hurts. Mommy, make oatmeal!"

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I don't care how pretty that sun is, that picture shows me it is FAR too early to get my rear out of bed. Go crawl back under the covers.

Oh yes. I always say expresso. Heh heh heh. And never remember. I'm pretty sure that I would not pick the right spelling if asked. It thoroughly annoys my husband.

A whole household of morning people...I would not fit into this shiny little world.

:)

sherri said...

I'm an "ex presso" pronouncing girl too. Sorry Joyce. :) And also an early bird girl. I was up at 4:30 the other morning. :) Just don't try to talk to me past eight o'clock though. Zzzzzzzzzzz.