Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Back to blogging!

Got the computer back. The thing hadn't actually crashed, but was well on its way. Unfortunately, we had to be grown-up and prudent and have it fixed instead of buying new. We had our memory quadrupled. Jay and I were reminiscing about when we bought it. We've had it for eight years! It was our first computer, and it was so cool back then....it was the coolest thing in the weird room that was our office, weird (free) desk included.

So now begins the process of re-bookmarking favorite sites.....sigh. Some are probably lost forever. And retraining Microsoft Word on my little time-saving keystrokes....groan. I'm finding myself kicking the dirt over these pesky little tasks. I guess I'd have to do the very same thing with a new computer. Only then it might be fun. But isn't that the lie of stuff?

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Glad you're back, dearest. And I think you are right on "the lie of stuff"...

Jenn said...

Yay....I missed your posts. Glad you're back to blogging again.

Kevin said...

Maybe time to do a computer back up Joycee, yes.